Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Pound Cake Cupcakes & Loaf

I
I decided to make the infamous Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Pound Cake that is a favorite within my family. The reason why this family favorite is hardly ever had these days is because (in my opinion) it takes at least an hour to bake at 300 degrees. Plus, it is so easy to over bake this cake. It's like you have to plant yourself in front of the oven to watch it and constantly checking and making sure that this awesome cake does not become dry with an under cooked top. So, after a year of not making this cake, I am taking a shot at it once again.

Even with a single batch of this oh so awesome goodness, the batter looks like it could give you two cakes, but you get with a single batch size it will give you one cake in a bundt cake pan. Today, I decided to make cupcakes and then I put the left over batter in a loaf pan.  With this recipe you can either leave the chocolate chips out or add them. For us the chocolate chips are a MUST ! This was the first time making them in the cupcake pan and I was very surprised that they came out better than I expected.

Here is the rest of the batter that I turned into a Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Pound Cake Loaf. Yes, the top of it looks bad, but that is how it is suppose to look like. The top has the flaky crust and underneath it is very moist and good. So, for one single batch of this recipe you can either make 1 bundt cake or you can make a dozen cupcakes and a loaf.


2 comments: