Tuesday, September 4, 2012

5th Wedding Anniversary Heart Cake


This is the anniversary cake that I had made for my brother's 5th anniversary cake. It only took me 2 days to make this cake. I made this cake from 2 9in. rounds and then I cut the heart shape by hand. I was very proud of myself for how well just the shape of the cake had came out. This cake is a Red Velvet that has a filling of chocolate with fresh strawberries in the middle. The outside is frosted with homemade Cream Cheese frosting. Then I hand piped on the bottom edges and also the top of it.

In this picture it shows you the inside of the cake. I have to admit that this is my favorite cake that I have done yet. My brother and his wife enjoyed this cake a lot. She is always trying to get me to make another cake just like this one for them. I have gotten tons of compliments on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment