Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Black & White "Promotion" Cupcakes & Cake

Now, these were fun to do. I had taken 2 different cake batters one chocolate and the other a white batter. Then I just alternated spoonfuls of the 2 batters in each of the cupcake liners. I made 24 cupcakes and then also had enough batter left over from both flavors to make a 9 in round.  I loved how these came out with the swirl of the 2 batters in the cupcakes. I made these for my oldest who graduated to the 2nd grade. These were a surprise to her as well.

Here is what the finished cupcake looked. I had made my own butter cream frosting and kept it pure white. Then topped them off with her favorite color of sprinkles...Pink...For the sprinkles I had this pack of different pink sprinkles that were in different shapes and sizes. You can see how the cake bake with the 2 batters. As for the 9 in. round I made with it also, but did not get a picture of, for decorating it all I did was take the frosting and made a cool swirl design on top of it so there wasn't too much frosting on it since the cupcakes already had a generous amount on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment